We hope that you had a safe and peaceful Christmas and now that the last of the turkey and ham has been eaten it's time to think about getting those Christmas photos scrapped! Here's a simple single layout created using the new Basic Grey Jovial papers and alpha stickers.
It's suitable for three 4" x 6" portrait format photos or you could adapt it to take two 5" x 7" portrait format ones.
To complete the layout you'll need:
- 4 sheets of Basic Grey Jovial paper (or similar) - Coal, Snowball Fight, Merry Maker and Flannel Pajamas
- 1 sheet of Basic Grey Jovial Mini Mono Stickers (or similar) for the title
- Scissors and paper trimmer
- Acid-free adhesive for paper e.g. Scrappy Glue or Herma glue runner
- Three 4" x 6" portrait format photos with white border or two 5" x 7" portrait format photos with white border.
- Use a single sheet of Coal (black side) as your background.
- Trim a sheet of Snowball Fight to 10" x 10" and stick it down, centred onto the sheet of Coal paper.
- Cut 1 big flower and 3 small flowers from the sheet of Merry Maker paper.
- Cut the biggest of the flowers in half.
- Cut two .5" x 8" strips of Flannel Pyjamas and make a "v" shaped notch in the ends of both strips.
- Arrange your photos centrally across the page then stick the Flannel Pyjama strips above and below the photos as shown on the layout.
- Make sure you have enough room for the alphabet letters at the top of the page.
- Next, arrange the flowers around the page, using the layout above as your guide.
- Arrange the Basic Grey Jovial letters into a title of your choice.
I used an Ikea frame to frame this layout. The frame measures 21" x 21" and the mount measures approx. 11.5" x 11.5" so it's the perfect size to hold you layout. Just make sure that no important details are obscured by the mount by not placing any items too close to the edge of the layout.
Why not give it a go! The papers and stickers are available at TheScrapbookStore.ie HERE or you could use any Christmas papers you may have in your stash with co-ordinating solid cardstock as the background.