Thanks so much to Maria Jordan-Lloyd for teaching our May Workshop. It was a fast-paced, creativity filled few hours and every time I looked, everyone was busy cutting, pasting, die-cutting and generally enjoying the crafty fun. Maria inspired everyone with her enthusiasm and showed everyone how to create three gorgeous layouts and most people finished two, with enough to take away to finish the third. To inspire you to finish off everything, we’re posting the finished layouts here for you to see. All of the Workshop kits are sold out but we have some Webster’s Pages Sunday Picnic Collection Kits in stock. Looking forward to our next Workshop, Thursday June 21st at 7pm, if you’d like to book a place, details will be on the blog about two weeks before the date with online booking available then. Alternatively, join up for our newsletter to be notified of upcoming events and new products arriving in store. Each of our Workshops are stand-alone modules so you can drop in whenever suits you. Hope to see you at our event soon!
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Yay, we're ready to kick off our 2012 Workshops this month with a fantastic class from the creative talents of Maria Jordan-Lloyd.
Here’s a few sneak peeks:
The Workshop will take place in:
Whitehall Parish Centre, The Thatch Road, Whitehall, Dublin at 7pm on Thursday 24th May 2012.
This month we'll be creating 2 scrapbook layouts (and maybe a 3rd if we have time) using the new Sunday Picnic from Websters Pages.
The kit includes:
- 2 Sunday Picnic Die-Cut Scalloped papers
- 2 12" x 12" sheets of Blanket of Poppies paper
- 2 12" x 12" sheets of Rainbow Sky paper
- 2 Sunday Picnic Fabric Tickets
- 1 printed vintage envelope, roses printables and doilies.
For Layout 1 you'll need to bring:
- A distressing tool if you have one but you can use the edge of a scissors if you don't.
- Sharp scissors for fussy cutting.
- Sage green ink and a blender (if you don't have Sage, bring along something similar)
- White cardstock to die cut title
- Flowers – Maria used aqua coloured flowers from Prima and paper roses (total of 3 large, 4 small). You could also use pink, orange or cream flowers.
- One 4x6 photo (portrait) – Maria cropped the one on the layout to 4"x 5" portrait. A vintage or black and white photo works best on this layout.
- Tiny stickers for the date on the file tab punch although this can also be handwritten.
For Layout 2 you'll need to bring:
- Aqua flowers (x 3) or again you can use cream, pink or orange flowers
- 4" x 6" photo (portrait) which was cropped to 4.5"x 4.5" was used on the 2nd layout. A black and white photo would work best, if you want to use a colour photo, choose one with muted colours.
- A lace or doily effect border punch (we will have one to use on the night)
- Alpha stickers in pale green for the title (there is a title on the paper but you may want to add something additional). You may instead use pale green/sage or white cardstock to die cut a title.
- Aqua or white ribbon for tags.
- LOTS AND LOTS OF 3D FOAM.
If you'd like to reserve a place, you can book online from Friday or you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you a Paypal Invoice. Places must be booked and paid for in advance. As always, crop spaces are available at €10.00.
Hope to see you there,
Sunday, May 06, 2012
It’s been simply ages since I’ve blogged anything. I’ve been so busy over the past few months, the blog has been neglected so I thought it was time to get things moving again with a crafting mega post! Here’s a picture of some of the layouts and cards I’ve been creating, including the long awaited photos of our Christmas 2011 Workshop. Don’t forget, our Workshops re-commence on Thursday May 24th 2012 at 7pm with a class by the fabby Maria Jordan-Lloyd using the new Websters Pages Sunday Picnic Collection, don’t miss it! BOOK YOUR PLACE ONLINE NOW!
The Christmas Workshop was held a few months back and featured the MME Christmas Collection. We created three different layouts so plenty of space of Christmas photos. Just click on any one of the layouts to see them full size:
Next, I created a couple of cards using the gorgeous new Times and Seasons Collection from Echo Park. It really is one of my favourite collections for a long time and I can see myself using this in loads more projects. It’s currently on sale in the store priced at €16.50 for the 12” x 12” Collection Pack and €6.95 for the 6” x 6” Paper Pad. It also features solid coordinating double sided cardstock so you won’t have to go searching for that perfect match!
Finally, I managed to get ahead of myself (crafting-wise only!) and made three end of term cards for my kids’ teachers. I made them using the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend Collection which I’ve been saving, knowing I’d eventually get around to using it. The font used is called Cooper Black:
TFL and Happy Crafting,