Our Whitehall Workshop takes place next Thursday 18th November, 2010 at 7pm. This Workshop is also being held in Athlone on Sunday 21st November at 12pm. This month we'll be creating two layouts using the new Crate Paper Restoration Collection. The layouts have an open theme so just bring along a selection of your favourite photos in the sizes listed below or alternatively you can add photos when you get home.
One of the layouts has a small frame and we'll be using it to frame a piece of journalling. You can handwrite your journalling on the night or if you prefer you can type it on your computer beforehand and bring it along.
Here's what you'll need to do:
- Open a blank Word document
- Change the page size to 3" x 3"
- Change the margins to 1" on all sides
- Type in enough text to fill the page
- Print out on some textured white card. Remember you don't need to put a 3" x 3" piece in your printer (it'll probably get stuck anyway), just cut a piece of card big enough so you know it won't get stuck in your printer and print onto that and then cut out the part you need. I usually cut a piece of 12" x 12" cardstock in half and put that through the printer.
To take part in the Workshop you'll need to bring:
- A paper trimmer
- Sharp scissors
- Crop-a-dile or hole punch (I'll have one which you can borrow on the night too)
- Distress Ink (Walnut Stain or Antique Linen works best - these are available in the shop on the night)
- Glue for sticking paper
- Two 5" x 7" photographs - 1 should be portrait format and 1 should be landscape format - printed with a white border. I've used Holy Communion photos (modern, colour) on the sample layouts but the papers would also be suitable for black & white, sepia, wedding, kids, vintage photos.
Workshop places cost €25.00 and include Workshop Kit, tuition and refreshments. This is what's included in the Kit:
- 6 sheets of 12" x 12" double-sided patterned paper from the new Crate Restoration Collection
- 1 12" x 12" pack of adhesive Chipboard Stickers from the Restoration Collection
- 1 6" x 12" pack of Border Stickers
The Workshop is suitable for beginners or advanced papercrafters and if you have any questions please email email@example.com or telephone 086-2065346 and we'll get back to you.
Guarantee your place by BOOKING ONLINE!
Hope to see you there!