We're getting set for all those Summer holiday photos with our June Workshop which will be held next Thursday June 10th 2010 in Whitehall Parish Centre, The Thatch Road, Whitehall, Dublin 9.
This month we're using the gorgeous new 365 Degrees Collection from Pink Paislee to create two bright and colourful layouts, great for scrapping those photos you took at the beach or by the pool. The papers and embellishments are packed with reds, blues and greens so if you've holidayed in France or Italy or are planning to this Summer, then these layouts will be perfect for you.
The Workshop costs €25.00 and includes a kit (worth €12.50) containing:
- 1 sheet of diecut paper - 365 Degrees Believe
- 5 sheets of patterned paper - 365 Degrees Dream Big, Imagine, Be Free, Daydream and Think Big
- 1 pack of 365 Degrees diecut Punch Out Tags
- 1 pack of 365 Degrees Ribbon Pleats
- 1 Bazzill Basics Mini Bracket diecut shape
- Crepe Paper and a Cork Button
The Workshop is suitable for beginners or experienced papercrafters but as we're going to be completing two layouts you will need to be familiar with using a paper trimmer to get both finished. We'll also be making crepe paper and accordian flowers which are great techniques you'll love!
For anyone who's never been to a Workshop before, we'll explain the format:
7.00pm - 7.15pm Registration/Shopping
7.15pm - 8.15pm Workshop Part 1
8.15pm - 8.30pm Break for tea/coffee and home-baking
8.30pm - 9.30pm Workshop Part 2
9.30pm - 9.45pm Time to tidy up your crop space, Workshop complete!
During both parts of the Workshop, Annamarie will give you step by step instructions and one-to-one guidance through the techniques involved in creating the layouts. You don't need to bring photos with you as these can be added at a later stage but if you think you have suitable photos then of course bring them with you.
Here's a couple of sneak peeks of the layouts:
To complete the layouts you'll also need the following (Note: We have all of these items (except the punch) for sale in the shop online or on the night)
- A paper trimmer and scissors
- Adhesive suitable for gluing paper to paper
- Adhesive suitable for gluing fabric to paper e.g. Scrappy Glue or Aleenes Tacky Glue
- Small foam pads e.g. 5mm x 5mm
- A 1.5" or 2" circle punch or circle cutter (we will have one that you can borrow too)
- Ranger Distress Ink (we used Antique Linen) - we can lend you one!
- If you wish to bring photos, we used one 4" x 6" and one 5.5" x 3.5" portrait style photo in the first layout and one 4" x 6" and one 4.5" x 4" landscape format photo in the 2nd layout. All photo measurements include a white border.
We hope you'll be able to join us and if you'd like to book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone/text 086-2065346.